IPWEA (Victoria) Engineering Excellence Awards 2019
The IPWEA (Victoria) Engineering Excellence Awards provide us with an outstanding opportunity to recognise excellence in public works innovation, development, construction and/or management.
Participation in our Awards program provides recognition for all nominees and opportunities for further promotion. Award winners will be profiled in our intouch newsletter, featured in IPWEA’s inspire magazine and eligible for an Australasian Excellence Award. Winners will also receive a complimentary 2019-20 IPWEA membership and a complimentary registration for an IPWEA (Victoria) CPD event of their choice (excluding Conferences).
This Nomination Pack provides information about each Award category and submission details. Please note that the closing date for nominations is 22 March 2019.
The winners of our 2019 Excellence Awards will be announced at a Presentation Dinner on 9 May at the magnificent ANZ Pavilion; the showpiece of Arts Centre Melbourne and the venue for our annual Public Works Conference.
If you are interested in purchasing a table (minimum of 8, maximum of 10 seats) for the Presentation Dinner, please contact Jim Fawcett at email@example.com
1. Excellence in Public Works Project
- $2m value
- $2m - $5m value
- $5m value
This category recognises excellence in the design and/or construction of a significant public works infrastructure project that demonstrably benefits the community.
2. Excellence in Innovation
This category recognises excellence in the implementation of ideas that can be considered exceptional by traditional standards.
3. Excellence in Asset Management
This category recognises excellence in the practice of asset management and the pursuit of a whole-of-life perspective.
4. Excellence in Environmental Sustainability
This category recognises excellence in environmentally sustainable design and the development or adoption of new or improved techniques.
5. Emerging Public Works Leadership Award
This category recognises an outstanding achievement in public works engineering by an individual aged under 35 at the time of nomination.
6. Public Works Leadership Award
This category recognises an outstanding achievement in public works engineering by an individual.
- Nominations must be received by 22 March 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions should include an Award Nomination Form, an Executive Summary and a high-resolution photograph suitable for publication.
- Projects must have been completed during the year preceding the nomination closing date and be operational at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be available for a telephone interview with the judges if required.
- Nominees must attend the Awards Dinner on 9 May 2019 at the Arts Centre Melbourne.
- Submissions must highlight the role played by the nominee or project team and identify the role/s played by external consultants and/or contractors.
Contact David Hallett on 0439 439 145 or email@example.com.